CoinCircle is seeking a DevOps Build Engineer with a broad knowledge of dev ops, backend architectures, and optimizing build systems. Our ideal candidate will have experience building and supporting complex cross-platform systems in a variety of platforms and languages, including everything from high-level scripting languages, down to low-level systems level programming in c or assembly; deep experience with virtualization and multi-version cloud deployments and/or building custom cloud architectures from scratch is a big plus. Must have experience with network security and InfoSec.
Experience with scaling backend web applications, for example: The ability to dynamically scale to handle 1000+ surge requests per second, deploying tested DDoS protection, autoscaling clusters of Docker containers, and experience overcoming other such real-world complex scalability challenges. Huge bonus if the candidate is experienced coding a blockchain from scratch, or has relevant hands-on real-world practical experience using any of the major blockchains.
CoinCircle provides solutions for every part of the blockchain ecosystem – from enterprise tokenization, to a wallet and trading platform, to presale opportunities and enterprise APIs for companies to easily interface with the blockchain. CoinCircle was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in beautiful Santa Monica, California.
- Create and maintain automated testing architecture across our broad tech stack
- Managing and maintaining a variety of services on AWS
- Analyze and optimize performance in high-traffic web application
- Responsible for optimizing builds, and ensuring stable releases (dev -> testing -> staging -> live) and generally all smooth application deployment pipeline related tasks (stabilizing and speeding up development cycles)
- Continuous integration and working with QA on a fully automated testing pipeline prior to user-testing, which will include unit tests, smoke tests, load testing, and automated end-to-end browser-based UI tests
- Manage the networking of microservices in VPCs and subnets
- Strong communication and documentation skills as well as proven ability to work within a team
- At least three years relevant experience.
- Deep experience with infosec and network security
- Experience with these services, and many more:
- Database connection pooling and database optimization
- Docker and all of it’s quirks
- Experience with Jenkins, Travis CI and/or other such similar toolsets
- Nginx and Apache, Hadoop, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Linux, shell scripting, Golang, c/C++, python, geth, truffle, multisig wallets, and others
- Constantly on top of the latest bleeding edge developments in systems, networking, InfoSec, and virtualization – and eager and hungry take part in building a decentralized future.
- Be an ambitious and systems level swiss-army knife
- You knew you were a systems engineer since the day you were born. You live and breathe it. Nothing can stop you.
- You are a doer, not a talker. You know how to fill your time with the most critical tasks and can recognize how to finish and destroy dependencies before they slow things down; you can also quickly refocus, take direction and love to work as part of a team to crush big goals.
- Keep cool and calm when things get intense. We’re a startup environment in many senses of the word. Crazy hours, chaos, and quick pivots — but you’re the type of engineer who thrives in that.
- Are able to think forward into an incredible future that doesn’t yet exist. We’re engineering systems totally unlike anything seen before.
- Are able to work in Santa Monica, CA. No relocations or VISAs. No remote work. We are a fin-tech company, so background checks will be required.
Our mission is to create a secure, compliant, and easy to use platform that will give the world complete access to cryptocurrencies using blockchain technology. We are developing the infrastructure and simplifying the processes to allow businesses everywhere the opportunity to participate in a new, more open, decentralized financial system. Join us and become part of the revolution.