CoinCircle is looking for a unique Controller with paralegal, accounting and business experience. The ideal candidate will have direct experience working with high growth startups in the Fintech space. We are looking for the perfect mix; part accountant, part paralegal, amateur technologist, and 100% focused on maximizing financial return and growth in one of the most exciting sectors in the finance industry today: cryptocurrency and blockchain. We want someone who is equally as excited about the innovation cryptocurrency enables the in accounting and regulatory spaces, as our product team is about building great Fintech software. This is a role with high growth potential that could lead to a potential CFO role for the right candidate that proves themselves as we continue to grow over time.
CoinCircle provides solutions for every part of the blockchain ecosystem – from enterprise tokenization, to a wallet and trading platform, to presale opportunities and enterprise APIs for companies to easily interface with the blockchain. CoinCircle was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in beautiful Santa Monica, California.
- Establish effective and automated processes for financial reporting and analytics to drive process improvement efforts throughout the areas of accounting and compliance
- Create financial reports, maintain accounting records, budgets and bookkeeping
- Prepare internal books for external audit
- Prepare regulatory filings in connection with outside counsel, including money services business, state money transmission filings, and expediting other related compliance and multi-stage regulatory filings
- Assist in navigating regulatory landscape, including staying on top of evolving SEC, CFTC, FinCEN, and IRS rules and regulations
- Proactively manage invoice issuance, accounts receivable, collection, budget, cash flow, and variances against actuals
The ideal candidate would have:
- Accounting (cash and accrual accounting), legal and business experience
- Experience in the financial technology space working within the demands of a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience or, an understanding of, and deep interest in the cryptocurrency space
- Self-starting problem solver, able to self-identify and execute new tasks as they emerge, and solve problems proactively to full completion without significant direction
- A financial strategic mind with experience creating financial models, pro-formas such as pro-forma cap tables, financial projections, and business plans and/or business models
- Experience successfully filing for and acquiring regulatory licenses in the financial sectors
- CPA and law degree (plus an MBA is a huge bonus)
- Experience tailoring key metrics and financial information for investors
- Experience at a big four accounting firm w/ experience creating financial statements and audited accounting, with experience as an analyst or consultant at a top firm would be a huge plus
Our mission is to create a secure, compliant, and easy to use platform that will give the world complete access to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. We are developing the infrastructure and simplifying the processes to allow businesses everywhere the opportunity to participate in a new, more open financial system.
|Job Category||Business, Legal, Operations|